Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cousins

Jael (my niece) came to visit last week. We had a blast! What a delightful child she is! I already showed pictures of the Science Center Trip, but I promised Jael I'd blog the other fun things we did. So, here it goes:

September 5th was Homeschool Appreciation Day at Angels' Stadium. Tickets were $3 for homeschoolers! Woo-hoo! So, we went out to the ball game!


Riding the escalators, which might have been more fun than the actual game. We had several to ride as we were sitting in the view deck!


I asked Jael after we left how she liked her first major league game. She said she loved it! I asked her how that was possible since she didn't see any of it and spent the whole game beating Israel on the head with the red noise-maker thing. She laughed and said, "Yeah, that was great fun!"

Here's a dinner combination only a child could create: Hebrew National hot dog, mustard, whole wheat bun, grapes.

YUMMY!!!

It's a Friday Night movie on Auntie Daja's bed! And what's a movie without a little snack? Homemade vanilla pudding with a generous handful of milk chocolate chips!

Then we had a beach day in Santa Monica. Here's a van to capacity. Soon we'll have to be driving one of those 15 passenger boxy things with vinyl seats.

"Is this edible Mom?"

Burying Israel's legs.

The next two are of Jael doing her balancing act:


Did we go to the beach or the zoo? 'Cause here are some monkeys!

Even Uncle Gana had some fun swinging around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I found your blog via some roundabout way...

I must say I love the pic of you & your hubby. I have four kids and homeschool. All of my children were birthed w/o drugs, but the last one (she's 17 months), I educated myself (and my hubby) in the Bradley method, and it was by far the best birth.

Also, I'm extremely interested in Mongolia, having learned about it via homeschooling my children. I think it's fabulous that your hubby is from Mongolia.

Anyways. I had to comment; we have lots in common, and many of the same interests.