2. Drive toy trains through their potato salad.
3. Pretend the green play dough is a big booger.
4. Use their sleeves as napkins and Kleenex.
5. Forget to flush.
6. Pick flowers for their mommy from the landscaping around the library, the grocery store or the apartment complex where we go to play.
7. Beat one another up for fun.
8. Fail to cry when they hurt themselves, after all it’s just a little blood.
9. Flex their muscles and strut their stuff.
10. Think that they really can fly if wearing the Superman cape.
11. Crawl into their parents’ bed in the wee hours of the morning for cuddling.
12. Tell clever knock, knock jokes.
13. Make a mean peanut butter sandwich.
14. Talk very loudly when their mom or dad is trying to catch a nap.
15. Choose the apple on the bottom of the neatly arranged pile at the grocery store.
16. Treasure the act of killing a spider for their mommy.
17. Chase one another with swords or tennis rackets if they can’t find their swords.
18. Conveniently forget to whisper in the morning when their mommy and daddy are trying to sleep 15 more minutes.
19. Put a half of a chicken breast in their mouths when the threat of no-dessert-unless-dinner-is-finished-in-5-minutes is made.
20. Look the cutest when covered in mud. (or when fast asleep)
21. Steal their mommy’s heart so that she cannot even think of them without smiling.
7 comments:
I want a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS-this comment doesn't go at all with this entry, but after reading lots of your comments on my blog, and your comments to MY comments on YOUR blog..I agree...I'm sure if we lived near each other we would be fast friends.
Even though it is only in blogland, I love reading your thoughts and opinions and keeping up with your family, as well as relating on so many issues!
Thanks for a smile ! I cannot wait to see your boys (and Meg) so soon!
You know Meg is gonna demand a "girl" post soon...
VERY cute pictures, Daja!
Mrs. C
Daja,
Could you please e-mail me? I tried to find your address and I can't locate it! I have a question regarding child-birth :-)
Love the boy list--how very true!
I have great news, Daja ... it doesn't stop even when they grow up! Nothing makes me laugh harder than watching my 28 and 26 year old boys still playing with their toys; the only thing is that their "toys" are now real cars instead of Matchbox cars, and baseball tickets instead of baseball cards, although they have been known to get out their baseball cards for old time's sake in recent years. You'll love raising your boys through the years ... so much fun!
Funny. Your little boys sound like my little boys!!!
I love #6. My boys always pick flowers for me, and want me to immediately put it behind my ear. :)
So true!!! You just described my 5-year-old completely. Now my teenager....well, he's a whole different animal now that he's taller than I am.
Post a Comment