What do we do? We do remember the Reformation. On October 31, 1517 Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the Church. So on October 31 we read a little about his life, sing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" and do some fall crafts. It's important because what he sweated and labored to come to grips with (salvation by grace, through faith alone) we receive in an instant. We are still benefiting from his sacrifice.
This year the kids made books.
Someone needs to tell her that's not how to use quotation marks.



Having a Churro from a vendor in Olvera square.
I had forgotten that they would be doing lots of preparation for
The Day of The Dead, Días De Los Muertos.
So we had to explain that to the children. Thankfully, they are not easily scared.
Having a Churro from a vendor in Olvera square.
5 comments:
mmmmm, churros!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am embarassed to say that until this year I had no clue about Reformation Day. We didn't celebrate halloween when I was a kid and we don't do it now with our kids. This is a great alternative.
I barely know what Reformation Day is, and you are already teaching your elementary age kids about this. Sigh. I have some work to do....
Oh...I am headed to comment jail:)
Oh, Debbie, I could never put you in comment jail!
The only comments I've ever rejected were spam. :-)
But, did you notice that I took the plunge and got rid of word verification?! You inspired me!
Wow what a cool idea for Halloween.....love the pics!! :)
Post a Comment