My son, Israel, has some deep thoughts sometimes.
Tonight during our Advent devotions we were talking about the little town of Bethlehem, about Jesus being born, and about how Herod was fearful of Him and so ordered the babies to be killed.
Israel interrupts the devotion and says, "Mom, I have something I need to tell you. When God decides to make a baby, He creates the baby and puts the baby in the mother's tummy. And when He does He says His dreams for the baby, like, you know, 'You will be a great man' and stuff like that. But when someone goes to the doctor and has the baby killed--what's that called...um...oh yeah, abortion--they don't just kill a baby, they kill God's thoughts and dreams, too."
How tightly is too tightly to hug a kid?
19 comments:
That just brings tears to my eyes. Hug him for me, too (but not too tight). :)
Will do. :-)
Wow.
Oh, Izzy! When Mommy quits hugging you, it's my turn!
Precious and profound!
Amazingly profound words. That made me all teary!
Hi Daja.
You don't know me but I just wanted to say that I have been following your blog for ages after finding it from ylcf courtship stories. I don't agree with everything a conservative christian agrees with but your attitude to your children and your family are one of the things that I really like about this movement. Its really refreshing to treat every child like they are supposed to be treated-like a blessing rather than some sort of "competition" with their own parents. Anyway, you and your family take care..
J
That was amazing!
You have a thinker on your hands girl..wow.....powerful!
so simple...why can't EVERYONE realize that! What a beautiful thing to say :)
what AMAZING INSIGHT FROM A CHILD.
Oh my. My heart just exploded with love for that boy. Oh my.
Hi Daja
I'm commenting back on your blog because being new to google blog I'm not sure if you would get notification of my comment if I commented on my own :/
Anyway, yeah, I said it because it was true. Like the whole courtship and...quiverful(?) movement, it really has softened my heart towards children and pregnancy and motherhood in general. I mean I've always been anti-abortion but not much else; in the way of personally desiring children. I didn't grow up with babies so I've grown up just awkward and uncomfortable around them. But i think God has really used your blog and other christian homeschooling blogs like it to begin to change my viewpoint, so perhaps children are in my future after all?. I mean I don't think I will ever be naturally maternal like some girls are until maybe you meet your own, but now I'm beginning to think that having small people around might be cool after all.
Anyway, I also dropped this comment because I believe God wants me to give you the chapter of Dueteronomy 6, and specifically the verses 20-25 and I hope it helps/fits in somewhere.
“In the future your children will ask you, ‘What is the meaning of these laws, decrees, and regulations that the Lord our God has commanded us to obey?’
“Then you must tell them, ‘We were Pharaoh’s slaves in Egypt, but the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his strong hand. The Lord did miraculous signs and wonders before our eyes, dealing terrifying blows against Egypt and Pharaoh and all his people. He brought us out of Egypt so he could give us this land he had sworn to give our ancestors. And the Lord our God commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear him so he can continue to bless us and preserve our lives, as he has done to this day. For we will be counted as righteous when we obey all the commands the Lord our God has given us.’
Cheerio,
J
Wow. Speechless. How old is he??
He's six years old.
That's amazingly wonderful. Children are so awesome!
Well, that's just amazing...
Visiting from BPOTW...
Well you should feel proud as his mother. That doesn't come from nowhere! And just how old is your child!!!??? Amazing. I've not seen grown-ups be this articulate on a touchy subject.
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Your comment gave me a good laugh!
Thank you, Jenners. Yes, Israel is six years old!
Wow, Israel is wise well beyond his years. I think you can hug him as tightly as you possibly can and it will be ok. Israel is a well springing forth with God's thoughts and dreams. What a little treasure he is!
Post a Comment