Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday's Fave Five!!


It's that time again! Time to pause and be thankful!


1. For the past year I've been complaining to our housing managers about our stove. It was unbalanced and kind of dangerous. It wouldn't stay lit. The oven didn't heat evenly. Overall, it was just a daily frustration that I had learned to live with. However, on Wednesday, our managers put in a new stove!!! YEA! It's white and shiny and clean and balanced and lights when you turn it on--you know, everything a range should be!


2. I got carded. On Valentine's Day morning I went to the grocery store and got some treats for our family party. I got a bottle of champagne and the cashier asked to see my I.D. Being that I recently turned 30, I was thrilled. No one had carded me in a long time. I'm not sad about turning 30, but I just really enjoyed being in my 20's and making fun of Gana for being in his 30's.


3. My mom. She is so wise. I know she has a special connection with the Lord. A few weeks ago I was frustrated with getting my daughter to read better. We were just having a bad day and had come up against a wall. I called my mom and vented my homeschooling frustrations and she gave me the solution in a matter of minutes. This week we took care of it. Meg needed glasses. Thanks Mom for your wisdom!


4. Dinner with friends. On Wednesday we had dinner with another big family. They have five kids the ages of our kids. We had a blast! Good fellowship, encouragement, laughter, messy chocolate fondue! In short it was organic Church!


5. Hyland's Earache Tablets. Psalm 104:14 says that herbs were given for the service of man. I love safe and natural remedies. This week Luc recovered from a short-lived cold. But on Tuesday he complained of a bad earache. One dose of Hyland's Earache Tablets and it was gone!

8 comments:

Willow said...

Great fave fives! I love natural herbs too. I was wondering what herbs you would suggest for boosting my immune system, considering I work with snotty nosed kids (literally) every day. I'm tired, and tired of catching the little ones' germs.

Gombojav Tribe said...

I would use some probiotics--drinking kefer daily would be a good thing.

Take GSE (Grapefruit seed extract) at the first sign of a cold. I take 20 drops in water or juice 4 times a day when I feel something coming on. Usually that takes care of it.

Also, really watch the sugar intake. 1 spoonful of sugar can lower the immune system by 30% for up to four hours.

I'll try to blog something soon about natural rememdies and immune support.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Your mom is awesome! Glasses for reading, I'd have probably not considered. :]

Now I'm astounded you could function so long without a proper stove!

Susanne said...

I'm excited for you for your new stove. Happy cooking.

And congrats on being carded. :v)

Susanne said...

I'm excited for you for your new stove. Happy cooking!

Congrats on being carded! :v)

Joy said...

I had a glasses incident with my 9 yr old daughter this week too. She got classes over two years ago. I figured the child has glasses on her face. She can see. It never occurred to me to have her checked again in a year. Her teacher sent word home that she's been squinting in class alot. I took her to the eye dr. Sure enough. Her prescription had DOUBLED. I felt horrible. Forget the Mother of the Year award.
Glad your sweet momma helped with figuring that one out.

Where do you buy the GSE?


Joy

Gombojav Tribe said...

About GSE...

Any health food store should have it. I THINK Wal-Mart also carried it.

Lady Dorothy said...

Ah, thanks for including me. I love being one of your favorites. :-) However, it was definitely the Lord who brought the idea to my mind. Thank you, Lord, for YOUR wisdom and guidance.

I can't wait until Meg discovers how fun reading can be!