Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The New View

I know you probably think I've dropped off the earth.  And maybe I have.  Maybe I'm living in Paradise now.  Here are some shots around our new house. I love it early in the morning as the sun is coming up.  I love it in the afternoon as the breeze is blowing the scent of the orange and lemon trees through my open doors and windows.  I love it in the evening as the light changes and I sip tea in my "tea room" and look out over the San Gabriel Valley.

So, if I don't post often, you may imagine me laying on the grass with my kids and the dog gazing at the clouds and thanking the Lord for our new place.

I just planted herbs in these pots.  I want the scent of mint, lavender, thyme, basil to waft through my kitchen and dining room.   Mmmmmmm.........

These are the views from the North-East side of our house.



Our backyard:
















A park about two blocks from my house where I walk the dog.



More pictures to come.  Stay tuned.

18 comments:

Allison said...

wow! how beautiful :) I'm jealous!

Sue said...

Wow! A back yard? That is heavenly!

I loved your photos. I have never been in your area (except passing through the airport), and the trees and plants look so... California!

Serena Abdelaziz said...

Oh, Daj!!! It's fabulous. I am SOOOOOO happy for you. God is blessing you with much because you have been faithful!!!
I love it....AND am jealous! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daja, your new home is just as beautiful as you, your family & your love for the Lord are. May Daddy bless you with many happy days, miraculous joys & memories to last for generations to come.

Look forward to more pictures as you are able to post.

Love-love-love!!!

(((((((())))))))

Tamera - aka TJ said...

OH - Your new place is fabulous! I love the wonderfully serene pictures you took, especially of the sun as it is setting/rising over the mountains. Spectacular! What a wonderful view to worship the Lord from.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Your place looks perfect! :)

Joy said...

Daja I'm so happy for you and your family. What a wonderful big backyard. Such a blessing.
So glad you are happy.
And YES. We have missed you. My daughter ask me every other day. Mom has Daja posted anything.
She keeps up with you.
♥Joy

Gombojav Tribe said...

WOW, Joy! That's so sweet!

And thanks everyone for all the well-wishes! We are feeling very blessed and rich in friendship!

Lady Dorothy said...

Oh, Daja, it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!

Melinda said...

It is beautiful. I'm glad the move is over. I have been praying for you all.

Many blessings,

Melinda

Oh yeah, when did y'all get a dog?

Melinda said...

It is beautiful. I'm glad the move is over. I have been praying for you all.

Many blessings,

Melinda

Oh yeah, when did y'all get a dog?

My name is Bonnie, said...

It's good to have you back! Your new place is wonderful! I'm so happy for you all!

Bonnie

Karen Joy said...

Oh, my goodness!! What a LOVELY place... You don't need the park when your yard looks like that! What a huge blessing. (Any 70's shag carpeting inside???)

Zimms Zoo said...

I am coming to see it! It is beautiful! I don't words do it justice. The yard is what I love. Of course we haven't seen the inside yet!

Was getting the house a God thing? Or were you looking actively for one like that?

Gombojav Tribe said...

Melinda:

The subtle anouncment was made here: http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-fifth-day-of-christmas.html

Melinda said...

Sorry I missed that. I think I was in another state visiting my in-laws on the 5th day of Christmas! They don't own a computer so, of course, not internet access. I must have skimmed too fast when I got home to catch-up!

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon! I really enjoy your insights.

God bless you, your family and your new home!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

Where is this? So amazing!

Anonymous said...

Where is this? So amazing!