Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Love Homeschooling!

Or rather, I love backyard schooling.

"What a splendid day!" said Anne, drawing a long breath.  "Isn't it good to be alive on a  day like this?  I pity the people who aren't born yet for missing it.  They may have good days, of course, but they can never have this one.  And it's splendider still to have such a lovely way to go to school by, isn't it?" (Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery)

4 comments:

Claire said...

I love Anne of Green Gables. Only discovered her as an adult, but burned through all the books in a few weeks. I want to be like her when I grow up. :)

Joy said...

I love you love it. It does look like a perfect day to read out under the trees.

Sheri said...

I love Anne of G.G. too. And I love reading. And I love outdoor school too. Today we went on a "nature"....

Karen Joy said...

Trying not to be jealous (again) of your back yard. Hehehe! We outside-school as MUCH as possible, daily in the spring and fall when the weather is nice.