Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Answers

Several people have wondered about the answers to the quiz all about me. All the answers are already on the blog if you look for them. But, to save time, here they are:

Question #1
Whom do I want to be when I grow up?

If you answered Mother Theresa, you were probably thinking about how I thought it would be cool to be a nun. But, no, I don't dream about being Mother Theresa, except in an especially angelic moment. And I'm not a princess (as Meg regularly reminds me, because only Jael, TiTi and Meg are the princesses), so I cannot be Cinderella. If you answered Sarah-Kate, that's hilarious! She wants to be like me! ;-) The correct answer is Julie Andrews.

Question #2
Which movie stars do I detest?
Richard Gere, because he travelled to Mongolia with the Dahli Lama. Rich, privledged folks promoting Buddhism to a country full of underprivledged people in extreme poverty is more than I can take. As Gana can explain from a life of experience there is no grace or forgiveness in Buddhism and the people who suffer under it are exploited for the support of their leaders.

John Travolta, because he thinks he is soooooo cute.

Tom Cruise, for obvious reasons.

Question #3
Which of the following is my absolute favorite:
Dark Chocolate. And my husband without having read my blog bought me 72% dark chocolate for Christmas!

Question #4
Who are my favorite people?
If you answered intellectual people, you'd be wrong. I like feeling smarter than I am, not dumber. If you answered Huggers, you don't realize that I'm not really a hugger myself--although I've gotten better about it in recent years. As long as the hugs aren't so tight and drawn out--especially with someone I don't know so well. If you answered People Who Challenge Me To Better Things, you have a very noble, but incorrect opinion of me! The correct answer is people who make me laugh! Why did you think you were my friend? :-)

Question #5
What is the one food I do not like?
I decided years ago that I was a grown-up and that I would overcome every food fettish of my childhood. I decided to eat beans, raisins, peas, seaweed, tofu, brussel sprouts, liver, guacamole, and every other "icky" thing that I said I didn't like. One that I have tried repeatedly, but have a hard time with still is canteloupe.

Question #6
If I could live anywhere, where would I choose?
Maine is my favorite vacation place. Paso Robles is my childhood home. Pakistan has a part of my heart forever. (I spent the summer there when I was 17.) Mongolia is where I would choose to live and would move tonight if God opened that door again.

Question #7
When do I lie?
Only in church. Don't you? Have you ever belted out a song like "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" and gotten stuck on "And I will daily lift my hands." Yeah, right! Along with songs about seeking Him early in the morning, surrending my all, praising Him with every breath, and so on.

Question #8
In what year did I meet Gana?
1997. October 18th to be exact.

Question #9
What chapter of the Bible did I recently memorize and recite in church?
Revelation 22

Question #10
Which kid do I think is the cutest in the world?
Captain is the happiest baby in the world and has me around his little finger! Luc is my Superman who makes me laugh more than any other kid ever! Israel is a kindred spirit. But, if you've ever seen Abishai in a three-piece suit you'd know who the cutest kid in the world is!

No comments: