Israel's new favorite song is "Undignified". He loves to worship and he refuses to be ashamed of it. Last Sunday he was on the platform dancing with Pastor Che and Pastor Sue to this very song!
In case you don't know where this idea of unrestrained and undignified worship comes from, check out II Samuel 6. When the ark of the Lord returned David danced before the Lord--WITH ALL HIS MIGHT! And all the house of Israel with him as the ark was brought up with shouting and the sound of the trumpet. (Man, do I wish I could have seen that!)
David's wife was embarrassed for her husband, the King of Israel, while he acted like a fool. She said, "How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamlessly uncovers himself!" II Samuel 6:20 (Can you sense the sarcasm?!)
I LOVE David's answer. "I will play [music] before the Lord. And I will become even more undignified than this and will be humble in my own sight."
Sounds like, "You think that was shameful? You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
When it comes to worship you've just got to go for it. I always feel like, "If this were my last chance on this earth to worship the Lord I want it to be my best!" Who really cares if it looks ridiculous or if others don't understand. It is not before others that I am playing. It is before the Lord.
1 comment:
LOL! I loved your post, but I also sat here cracking up that you have that clip from Napolean Dynomite. ::chuckle:: That's my husband's favorite seen of the movie.
Post a Comment