Notice God's unutterable waste of saints, according to the judgment of the world. God plants His saints in the most useless places. We say - God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use. God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is. ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, August 10

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Viva la Difference


Bathroom door signage at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle




The other night at dinner we had the following conversation:




Luc: There are four boys in our family and one girl. And Beleg is the littlest boy.




Me (in a playful mood): How do you know that Beleg is a boy?




Luc: 'cause his name is Beleg!




Me: Well, what if when he was born I would have called him something else? How do you know?




Luc: 'cause he came out of your tummy!

Me: Well, Meg came out of my tummy and she's not a boy.


Luc: Yeah, but she's a grown-up girl.




Me: But, she's always been a girl. Do you think when Beleg gets older maybe he'll be a girl?




Luc: Noooooooooooooo!




Me: Well, how do you know that Beleg is a boy?

Luc: He just IS Mom!


Israel: Mom, girls have pretty eyebrows and boys have handsome eyebrows.


Ahhhhhh! Enlightenment! Now I understand!

3 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

*smile* That's my boys!

One of my professors had a similar conversation with his daughter. It ended up to be the difference in their shoes! LOL

Flo Paris said...

Hahahahaha! I love how conversations with kids are all about the same no matter who you talk to...
I will probably post this on my blog too, but the other night Sera told me I wasn't cute. It seems that only babies are "cute"...according to her anyway:)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

LOL my boys thought it was whether you have long hair or not... Until I explained the "weenie" concept to them. Then they thought maybe girls just had theirs cut off??!

Oh, my goodness, nevermind. We'll explain this all again when you're 20, ok?? Don't talk to me about this until then **blush**

Mrs. C