When the guys got back to the van we started driving up to a monument just outside the city. I was a little irritated because we had just been there the day before. What could possibly be so interesting?!
We got out at the scenic spot that overlooks the entire city. It really is a nice spot. Besides Gana and me, his best friend and his girlfriend, and my parents were there.
We got out, our boots crunching in the snow as we breathed in the chilly air and watched our breath turn into small white clouds.
Suddenly Gana grabbed my hand. I turned around so quickly, thinking, “Don’t do that! My parents are watching!” Thus far we had not held hands.
He said something like, “Daja, I love you.” My eyes must have been as big as saucers! Then he said, “Will you marry me?”
I smiled a sly little smile and whispered, “Get on your knees.” He got on his knee in the snow. I gave him my hand and he slipped on a little gold ring with a real little diamond. In a instance I was in his arms. Those three little words, “I love you,” were now used very liberally.
We took pictures with my parents and our friends. And I thought there was no way for the day to be redeemed! I was wrong!

No comments:
Post a Comment