It’s about time I update everyone on my “101 Things in 1001 Days” list. http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2006/08/101-things-in-1001-days.html#links
Here’s what I’ve accomplished so far:
6. Go on a cruise.
At the beginning of October Gana and I went on a three night cruise to Mexico. It was the most fun ever! We relaxed, saw some good shows, ate fabulous food, danced all night, ordered room service at 2am and all sorts of things we do not usually do!
31. Go dancing at least once.
While on the cruise we danced together every night. We even took a little class to learn how to Marenge. I love dancing with my husband. We do not know what we are doing, but we sure do have a good time!
32. Do a worship dance.
Just this month I tackled this one. My sister worked with me to choreograph an interpretive worship dance to the beautiful song called, “That is why”. I didn’t tell Gana that I was preparing it or even that I would be doing it. On Sunday I surprised him when my sister announced that I would be doing a dance that I was dedicating to the Lord and to my husband.
I so thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I did it for the Lord and to challenge myself. So often we can get in a real rut in our worship—even those of us who are rather expressive in worship. It’s like any relationship—what we are used to doing, even if it’s good, needs to be challenged once in a while.
I even surprised myself by crying while I danced. Here are the words of the song:
“Just to feel Your arms around me,
Just to know Your grace has found me.
Just to hear Your voice surround me,
Calling my name.
Just to stand beside You knowing,
Promise that You’re never going.
Never leaving, always holding, holding my hand.
That is why I live.
That is why I move.
That is why my heart cannot go on without You.
That is why I sing.
That is why I cry.
That is why no other love but You can satisfy.
That is why.”
35. Order Kid's of Courage curriculum.
I ordered this curriculum for the kids in September. I haven’t actually used it yet, but I really, really like it! If you homeschool you should really check out some of these books as great unit studies. Or if you teach a Sunday School or missions class they would be excellent!
https://www.vombooks.com/qry/qe_store.taf?_id=A3735C7386&_nc=aa3a14a1579158f3817f6f1e1b8e43a5
44. Get a massage.
Got a full body exfoliation and upper body massage on the cruise. Talk about pampering!
46. Go on a road trip with Mary Beth
We hopped in the car with some snacks and headed north. We found a very interesting Hermitage that we explored. The chapel was beautiful! The view was breathtaking, overlooking the ocean. We had lunch in Big Sur. We talked non-stop! It was great!
47. Buy a new bathing suit.
I already blogged about this life changing experience. You can read about it here. http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2006/08/swim-suit-fiasco.html#links
53. Create “mobile” filing system.
Gana bought a filing cabinet, which forced me to clean up my paper clutter.
55. Organize under bed.
In August I moved my bed and cleaned out all the miscellaneous stuff I’ve stored under there.
56. Make or buy window treatments for bedroom.
I bought some simply green valances at GoodWill. Not my favorite things, but much better than nothing. And they do match my bedspread.
69. Get Bikini wax.
I decided that since I was going on a cruise, I ought to take advantage of accomplishing this one. The esthetician said that it was always more painful the first time you wax and that it is more painful during pregnancy. During the torture session I found myself shouting, “Yanna!” a Mongolian expression similiar to “YIKES!”
72. Buy a new watch.
I lost my last watch on a hike at Montana De Oro. Gana came home one day in August with a new watch for me. So, I got to check one off without doing anything!
75. Memorize an entire chapter of the Bible.
In October I stood in front of my church and recited the entire chapter of Revelation 22 (the last book and chapter of the Bible) without cheating once!
76. Worship paint at least once.
In August my brother, who is the worship leader at our church, held a night of creative worship. He had stations all over the sanctuary. One place with streamers and various simple musical instruments, a place with clay, a place with craft supplies, and one place with paper and lots of paints. I finger painted as some worship music played. I incorporated the verse, “There is a river, whose streams shall make glad the city of God.” As I finished my painting my dad (who was also painting at that station) realized that we had both been painting the same passage of Scripture!
82. Track down Brett Fielder from my Mexico missions trip.
I did connect with my childhood friend. We had a nice long talk and it was such a blessing! She is still dedicated and serving the Lord with her husband and little baby.
What shall I choose next on my list? Don’t know. But, when I do, you can be sure I’ll blog about it!


No comments:
Post a Comment